Car Trailer borrowings

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Car Trailer borrowings

Postby MR2SIK » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:46 pm

Hey, just wondering if anyone has a car transport trailer that I could possibly borrow for the weekend of the 3rd-4th August?
Reimbursment can be offered.

Cheers.
2011 Ford Mondeo tdci.

Hey, at least it sounds like a 3s.

1990 MR2 GT garage queen
User avatar
MR2SIK
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:30 pm
Location: Christchurch

Postby MR2SIK » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:46 pm

anyone? :lol:
2011 Ford Mondeo tdci.

Hey, at least it sounds like a 3s.

1990 MR2 GT garage queen
User avatar
MR2SIK
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:30 pm
Location: Christchurch

Postby Bling » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:36 pm

I've never had any luck on here. So either no one has one, or they just don't like beer :P
User avatar
Bling
** Moderator **
 
Posts: 15970
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:02 pm
Location: Quake City

Postby Al » Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:58 pm

I know City Hire in Langdons Road have one :lol:
85 Corolla GT - 08 Blade Master G
Image
User avatar
Al
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 6125
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 11:52 pm
Location: Christchurch

Postby Elmo » Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:04 pm

I just dont like beer.


Nor do I have a car trailor
User avatar
Elmo
Old Skool User!
 
Posts: 3259
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 6:34 pm
Location: Chch

Postby diss7 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:50 pm

Thats because most people that want to borrow your 5 grand trailer, think they're someone entitled to because they are your friend, and so everything you have can be used for nothing / next-to-nothing.

I realise I'm coming across grumpy old man, but they are very little people I would trust with anything of mine of that value.

And they would only be people that would & could pay to fix and/or replace it if something happened to it while in their care.
diss7
 

Postby Bling » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:02 pm

I don't think asking to borrow something means you think you're entitled to something. I've lent things out before and i've borrowed things. Sounds like you just know a lot of shit people diss7.

Value aside, i've recently borrowed two different trailers and a concrete mixer (5 months). I felt no entitlement at all. All items were sitting doing nothing, and they got booze out of the deal and their property returned in the same condition I took it in.
User avatar
Bling
** Moderator **
 
Posts: 15970
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:02 pm
Location: Quake City

Postby edwagon » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:26 pm

diss7 wrote:Thats because most people that want to borrow your 5 grand trailer, think they're someone entitled to because they are your friend, and so everything you have can be used for nothing / next-to-nothing.

I realise I'm coming across grumpy old man, but they are very little people I would trust with anything of mine of that value.

And they would only be people that would & could pay to fix and/or replace it if something happened to it while in their care.

Too right
Not soo much the entitlement, but friends and family seem to find 101 different ways to bugger your car trailer, and unless they really know what they're doing, it'll almost inevitably get dragged around something - parked car, corner of house, neighbours letterbox, petrol pump etc, with YOUR numberplate on the back...

And thats before it clips a kerb and bubbles a tyre, and or gets dragged up the road with the handbrake on etc

I still lend the thing out, but only to people who would front-foot any damage and at least offer to get it fixed - ie: the type of people who usually just take themselves off to Hirepool in the first place rather than ask :D
Image
edwagon
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2004 6:58 pm
Location: North Shore

Postby MR2SIK » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:34 pm

edwagon wrote:
diss7 wrote:Thats because most people that want to borrow your 5 grand trailer, think they're someone entitled to because they are your friend, and so everything you have can be used for nothing / next-to-nothing.

I realise I'm coming across grumpy old man, but they are very little people I would trust with anything of mine of that value.

And they would only be people that would & could pay to fix and/or replace it if something happened to it while in their care.

Too right
Not soo much the entitlement, but friends and family seem to find 101 different ways to bugger your car trailer, and unless they really know what they're doing, it'll almost inevitably get dragged around something - parked car, corner of house, neighbours letterbox, petrol pump etc, with YOUR numberplate on the back...

And thats before it clips a kerb and bubbles a tyre, and or gets dragged up the road with the handbrake on etc

I still lend the thing out, but only to people who would front-foot any damage and at least offer to get it fixed - ie: the type of people who usually just take themselves off to Hirepool in the first place rather than ask :D

Says the guy who's sig is a picture of a car in a ditch :lol:
At the end of the day, I just put the question out there to see if there was an alternative to the near $200 it costs to hire one for the weekend.
Obviously there wasn't so it doesn't matter now. 8)
2011 Ford Mondeo tdci.

Hey, at least it sounds like a 3s.

1990 MR2 GT garage queen
User avatar
MR2SIK
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:30 pm
Location: Christchurch

Postby wde_bdy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:04 pm

My trailer gets loaned for free to those who offer and expect to pay, never goes out with those who expect it free. Learnt the hard way and now have a trailer in need of a full rebuild. Once that happens no one but me will be using it.

Callum
Image
User avatar
wde_bdy
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 2704
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 11:43 pm
Location: Gisborne

Re: Car Trailer borrowings

Postby MR2SIK » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:03 am

MR2SIK wrote:Hey, just wondering if anyone has a car transport trailer that I could possibly borrow for the weekend of the 3rd-4th August?
Reimbursment can be offered.

Cheers.
2011 Ford Mondeo tdci.

Hey, at least it sounds like a 3s.

1990 MR2 GT garage queen
User avatar
MR2SIK
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:30 pm
Location: Christchurch

Postby crispy'86 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:10 am

Smiths hire are your best bet, whole weekend hire for a car trailer last time I used one was $50, might have gone up since. Used one to tow our hilux home and it had plenty of room on it. They have a few to hire so i'd probably ring them.
Their number is 323 8029
1983 Trueno Ae86 ( project), 92 HSV Clubbie. 2000 Fielder wagon
Many previously owned projects: 94 Hilux 4WD, 92 VP SS commodore, AE85 notchback, Ae85 rolling shell, Ke35 sr coupe, EP82 turb starlet
User avatar
crispy'86
** Moderator **
 
Posts: 3548
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:27 pm
Location: Chch

Postby MR2SIK » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:19 pm

crispy'86 wrote:Smiths hire are your best bet, whole weekend hire for a car trailer last time I used one was $50, might have gone up since. Used one to tow our hilux home and it had plenty of room on it. They have a few to hire so i'd probably ring them.
Their number is 323 8029


Cheers for that, will check them out next time :)
2011 Ford Mondeo tdci.

Hey, at least it sounds like a 3s.

1990 MR2 GT garage queen
User avatar
MR2SIK
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 2013
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:30 pm
Location: Christchurch


Return to Christchurch / Upper South Island Region

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php