What did you do to your car today?

General discussions on all non technical car related topics

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Postby Monsterbishi » Fri May 04, 2018 10:25 pm

Started wrapping my new engine harness tonight, is a combination of Mazda MX5, Mazda Familia and Ford Mustang Harnesses running a Link G4+ ECU :-)
--- Cut Here ---
'94 JDM Ford Mustang GT Coupe
Monsterbishi
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 895
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:08 pm
Location: Christchurch

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Postby Pelo » Tue May 08, 2018 10:41 am

Went to another track day at Hampton Downs club circuit. So fun. So wet in the morning. I had a high speed spin into the grass at the exit of turn 3. Luckily no damage. An R35 GTR hit the wall :(
Here is some video, not too exciting, I didn't have the camera running for my spin or the GTR crash. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSTwLfBerGg
It's my first attempt using my new go pro and DashWare to do the overlays. Unfortunately only one of the sessions actually registered GPS data.
User avatar
Pelo
** Moderator **
 
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:01 pm
Location: Auckland

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Postby Boosted_162 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Ended up buying another car :lol: Mazda 2 sport in manual. Really good fun and great on gas! Only got it as was offered it from a friend for a crazy price.

So today I changed the oil and filter, replaced the cabin filter as it was ridiculously dirty, and ordered a pair of T1Rs for the front.

Bloody cars still keeping me broke :lol:
Current: BP9 Outback
Boosted_162
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:02 am
Location: Kaukapakapa

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Postby GDII » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:09 am

Boosted_162 wrote:Ended up buying another car :lol: Mazda 2 sport in manual. Really good fun and great on gas! Only got it as was offered it from a friend for a crazy price.

So today I changed the oil and filter, replaced the cabin filter as it was ridiculously dirty, and ordered a pair of T1Rs for the front.

Bloody cars still keeping me broke :lol:

What year is it?
1990 SW20 MR2
Previous 1990 EE90 Corolla
User avatar
GDII
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Wellington

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Postby Boosted_162 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:51 pm

GDII wrote:
Boosted_162 wrote:Ended up buying another car :lol: Mazda 2 sport in manual. Really good fun and great on gas! Only got it as was offered it from a friend for a crazy price.

So today I changed the oil and filter, replaced the cabin filter as it was ridiculously dirty, and ordered a pair of T1Rs for the front.

Bloody cars still keeping me broke :lol:

What year is it?


2008. Ironically the second newest car I've owned yet one of the cheapest :lol:

https://image.ibb.co/kuzFOo/20180730_184601.jpg

(That photo was when my friend got it - it was alot dirtier when I got it :lol:)
Current: BP9 Outback
Boosted_162
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:02 am
Location: Kaukapakapa

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Postby GDII » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:15 am

Nice colour. We had one of these as a work car. It was auto but I liked it more than the new ones we have. For a little econobox they are too bad.
The sports version has a bit stiffer suspension I think which would make them a bit better as a drivers car.

I've got a 2005 Demio manual which is pretty good. It's small but big at the same time. Getting around 6.7litre per 100km when half highway half town driving.
1990 SW20 MR2
Previous 1990 EE90 Corolla
User avatar
GDII
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Wellington

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Postby Boosted_162 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:10 am

GDII wrote:Nice colour. We had one of these as a work car. It was auto but I liked it more than the new ones we have. For a little econobox they are too bad.
The sports version has a bit stiffer suspension I think which would make them a bit better as a drivers car.

I've got a 2005 Demio manual which is pretty good. It's small but big at the same time. Getting around 6.7litre per 100km when half highway half town driving.


Yeah this has stiffer suspension and low profile tyres so handles pretty well! Only makes like 100hp but pretty damn fun. And do much cheaper to run than a 2.5l Outback :lol:
Current: BP9 Outback
Boosted_162
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 3605
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:02 am
Location: Kaukapakapa

Re: What did you do to your car today?

Postby GDII » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:01 pm

I'd like to get a set of those wheels in dark grey for our one. The plastic wheel covers just don't cut it. They are pretty bashed up too.

The drive by wire throttle is really odd. Sometimes it will take of really fast and other times it just don't want to go. Not really hesitation, just the computer being a bit slow. I'm used the to manual foot controlled throttles I guess and this being a cheap car has a low tech system controlling it. Also any RPM over 4000 and it doesn't really get much power. These engines are not designed to rev like the older stuff. Power and torque down low for city driving.
1990 SW20 MR2
Previous 1990 EE90 Corolla
User avatar
GDII
Toyspeed Member
 
Posts: 1609
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:13 pm
Location: Wellington

Previous

Return to General Car Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php