AE111 corolla gt

The perfect place for new members to introduce themselves or ask questions about the club.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

AE111 corolla gt

Postby ae111 corolla gt » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:12 pm

Hey guys, thought I'd introduce myself and my new corolla

Name: Abdul
Car: AE111 Toyota Corolla Gt 6 speed

I got the car mid December last year from Whakatane, have owned a civic, GSR, and a wrx sti before this, but this is by far the best to drive out of all of them.

The car itself was pretty stock when I bought it apart from dobi springs, and some crappy 17" diezel wheels, very clean and well maintained though. Has had an engine recondition (New rings, bearings/seals, cylinder walls honed, acid dipped head etc) at 225,000kms, now done 250,000kms. Since buying it, I've done some smalls mods to it. Started off with some Levin BZG seats, BZR twin pot brakes (still need to fit them), other interior stuff, then added some 74mm trumpets, bought some 16x7 Buddyclub P1's wrapped in goodyear eagle F1's, have got a cat back Tanabe G power medalion exhaust to go on as well, just needs some repairs. Also added some fog lights to help compensate for the weakish LED headlight bulbs. Really fun car to drive, engine is very healthy, and despite the kms the exterior has been maintained quite well. Unfortunately it has the C160 12a box, so no LSD, i think only BZR's had the option of LSD. I also put some caldina rear end caps on, fit pretty decently and are quite similar in style to factory corolla ones. Needed to screw them in though to make them fit properly and securely.

Here are some photos of it, very bad quality cause of my shitty phone camera haha and my bad skills.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]
ae111 corolla gt
Toyspeed Member

Re: AE111 corolla gt

Postby andrewgreen1000 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:36 pm

Hey, Welcome to the forums!

Your GT is looking really good, the rims really set it off. Great idea using the Caldina end caps too, I'm super jealous of your front lip, somehow mine lost its one before I got the car.
Got any interior pics? I'm thinking about putting levin seats into mine, but want to see if the colours clash! Start up a build thread for when you do more work to it etc.
Current: '99 Ae111 Sprinter GT "Yodas"
Gone, but not forgotten: '81 KP Starlet, '92 Ae101 Truneo, '97 BZ-Touring Carib, '96 LWB Bighorn, '96 Bogan mobile Levin.
andrewgreen1000
Toyspeed Member

Postby ae111 corolla gt » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:59 pm

andrewgreen1000 wrote:Hey, Welcome to the forums!

Your GT is looking really good, the rims really set it off. Great idea using the Caldina end caps too, I'm super jealous of your front lip, somehow mine lost its one before I got the car.
Got any interior pics? I'm thinking about putting levin seats into mine, but want to see if the colours clash! Start up a build thread for when you do more work to it etc.

Hey thanks man! I saw your build thread and noted you live in Mt Albert? I live down the road in St Lukes, would love to catch up and check out your car too. As for the levin seats, in my opinion they are much better than the original corolla gt seats in terms of the bolsters etc. My ones are from a pre facelift bzg, so they don't look too out of place, BZR seats would look nice though, but for $50 for the pair, I can't complain haha. I'll try remember to get a photo os them tomorrow. And yeah not sure what lip it is cause the factory lip is slightly different. Try having a look at this website, they sell some exterior parts, but it's in Malaysia though http://www.mudah.my/Kuala-Lumpur/Cars-A ... 1-for-sale
ae111 corolla gt
Toyspeed Member

Postby andrewgreen1000 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:37 pm

ae111 corolla gt wrote:

Hey thanks man! I saw your build thread and noted you live in Mt Albert? I live down the road in St Lukes, would love to catch up and check out your car too. As for the levin seats, in my opinion they are much better than the original corolla gt seats in terms of the bolsters etc. My ones are from a pre facelift bzg, so they don't look too out of place, BZR seats would look nice though, but for $50 for the pair, I can't complain haha. I'll try remember to get a photo os them tomorrow. And yeah not sure what lip it is cause the factory lip is slightly different. Try having a look at this website, they sell some exterior parts, but it's in Malaysia though http://www.mudah.my/Kuala-Lumpur/Cars-A ... 1-for-sale

I've moved over to the shore recently, plus my car is down in palmy at the moment with my Family! I used to have BZR seats in my old AE101, just waiting to find a cheap BZG set in a more blueish colour scheme come up. Yeah now that you mention it, yeah your lip is different. I'll keep an eye on that Malaysian site and try and pick up a lip at some stage, thanks for that link. Still keen to see interior pics at some stage.
Current: '99 Ae111 Sprinter GT "Yodas"
Gone, but not forgotten: '81 KP Starlet, '92 Ae101 Truneo, '97 BZ-Touring Carib, '96 LWB Bighorn, '96 Bogan mobile Levin.
andrewgreen1000
Toyspeed Member

Postby ae111 corolla gt » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:00 pm

andrewgreen1000 wrote:
ae111 corolla gt wrote:

I've moved over to the shore recently, plus my car is down in palmy at the moment with my Family! I used to have BZR seats in my old AE101, just waiting to find a cheap BZG set in a more blueish colour scheme come up. Yeah now that you mention it, yeah your lip is different. I'll keep an eye on that Malaysian site and try and pick up a lip at some stage, thanks for that link. Still keen to see interior pics at some stage.

Oh true! Sorry about the late reply. Here are the interior pics, as you can see, the blue-ish ones fit in pretty all good with the colour scheme of the AE111's. Sorry again for the shit quality pictures, my phones camera is so bad haha.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Here are some other pictures I took the other day, have since removed the spoiler.

Image[/URL]

Image[/URL]

Also bought a new full 2.38" catback Tanabe G Power exhaust from a wrecker, however, it needed some repairs, so I got it repaired by a mate and also asked him to weld on a 4" tip. Sounds pretty nice especially in the higher revs when revving it, but when driving, you can only hear it till about 3,500rpm to 4,000rpm, and then the trumpets sound takes over. Altogether it only costed me $370 for the whole exhaust so pretty stoked on it.

Image[/URL]
ae111 corolla gt
Toyspeed Member

Return to New Members Introductions & Questions