Page 2 of 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:41 pm
by DXROLLA
Ive got a 1995 wrx sti ra, with the DCCD intercooler sprayers and roof vent for those hot summer days 8) And the missus has a V3 wrx sti. Both arnt that bad on gas, after owning a V6 pajero anything has to be better than one of them 8O

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:00 pm
by FST4RD
I have a TT Legacy BG5 wagon. Love it, touch wood it's never had a problem except the usual parts that wear out. Coming up 200k and still running strong, gearbox changes smooth with no crunching, no smoke or oil usage from the motor.
Probably the only completely standard one left out there though!

Some people complain about the vod, but when you're in 3rd or 4th, put your foot down, primary turbo is almost at full boost by 2000rpm, the car starts humming along, vod hits, the secondary turbo kicks in its awesome, the noise and the way the rev counter and speedo shoot up so quick.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:59 pm
by B1NZ
I upgraded from my daily toyota AE111 to a V4 STI impreza and tbh I had less issues with the impreza.

Only reason I really sold it is because I was worried about it being "owned" by someone else when parked in town at nights.

It seems to be about maintenance with them, treat them right and don't be an ass hat and they will serve you reliably

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:51 pm
by sergei
So far I have done ~15000kms (since Jan 2013) in my STI, there are absolutely no problems, only things I done are the 4 oil changes, 1 air filter, and front rotors and pads (rotors preventative, pads were getting down to about 3mm). The car has done ~42000km at this stage.

Saying that I had no problems with my ST205 GT4 with over twice the mileage, when I got it, the biggest fix was the split radiator on it, rest was replacing consumables (shocks, pads, rotors oil etc) in 5 years and ~80000kms done in time that I owned it.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:56 pm
by Alex B
4 oil changes in 15k wtf

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:27 pm
by Mr Revhead
One when ya get it, one every 5k.
Im a big fan of frequent changes. Depends on the car, age and use of it.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:12 pm
by DXROLLA
Mr Revhead wrote:One when ya get it, one every 5k.
Im a big fan of frequent changes. Depends on the car, age and use of it.


I agree, both mine and the missus STIs get oil changes every 5k with full synthetic oil

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:01 pm
by Alex B
Each to their own, sounds like over kill to me. Just do mine to standard 10k specs.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:06 pm
by Lloyd
(yours is on long service intervals, with longlife oil ;))

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:31 pm
by Bling
Alex B wrote:Each to their own, sounds like over kill to me. Just do mine to standard 10k specs.


Yours is probably a lot less likely to blow up too though :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:58 pm
by sergei
Alex B wrote:Each to their own, sounds like over kill to me. Just do mine to standard 10k specs.


The factory recommended schedule is ~6000km (3750miles from US targeted manual).

4 services in 15k, is because I did the first service when I got it (I do it on every single car I have, even if it was serviced a day before sale), then each service after 5k (easier to maintain that period of 6k).

Here is the diagram to help visualise why there are 4 services (and not 3) if total distances 15k and services are done at interval of 5k (which is 3 intervals in that distance):

service ---- 5k ---- service ---- 5k ---- service ---- 5k ---- service

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:58 pm
by thornz
eskimo wrote:I've got a 03 LEGACY 3.0R spec B sedan as my daily & its AWESOME!!


Same here but a wagon, cant speak highly enough of it. Awesome car, and any friends who have been in it/driven it like it as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:32 pm
by tiny2009
thornz wrote:
eskimo wrote:I've got a 03 LEGACY 3.0R spec B sedan as my daily & its AWESOME!!


Same here but a wagon, cant speak highly enough of it. Awesome car, and any friends who have been in it/driven it like it as well.


We've got one of these in the family, personally does nothing for me yet everyone else seems to love it.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:48 pm
by fangsport
no friggen way. the only DNF i have had was Gore Rally in 05 ? in a Subparu Leprosy.
spent first service trying to place plugs/coilpacks, second sevice trying to negro up the clutch system to keep going.
useless pricks didn't have a box of beers in the service barge for when then enevitable happened.

luckily it wasn't mine and was only co-driving as i would have torched the bloody thing for amusement !!

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:00 pm
by Jdawg
Only 1 who voted project.
Technically I haven't 'switched' coz I have the Subbie, 1994 wrx ra wagon, sitting next to the ST205. I will get one going soon as I sold my MX5 to my nephew.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:55 pm
by Mr Revhead
fangsport wrote:no friggen way. the only DNF i have had was Gore Rally in 05 ? in a Subparu Leprosy.
spent first service trying to place plugs/coilpacks, second sevice trying to negro up the clutch system to keep going.
useless pricks didn't have a box of beers in the service barge for when then enevitable happened.

luckily it wasn't mine and was only co-driving as i would have torched the bloody thing for amusement !!


Pffft first problem is a 5 min job and clutch change is doable in a 45 service :P

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:46 pm
by h8wrxs
i have just recently bought a 2004 legacy turbo wagon for my day to day car

i will start off by saying that i think subarus belong in the scrapyard the moment they leave the factory... noisy lumpy unreliable sounding sacks of shit


the reason i bought one was because i wanted a turbo 4wd wagon (i live in queenstown) for getting up the skifields in, having plenty of space to pack 4 people and our boards etc.

and for being able to throw my downhill bike in the back intead of having to have a bike rack on the back

i basically wanted a beater that i didnt give a f*** about, and in the 4wd turbo wagon market there isnt alot of choice... its basically legacys, foresters, wrxs, gtt caldinas, mazda sp23s...

the legacy was my fav of the bunch and i got it for a bargain...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:35 pm
by B1NZ
h8wrxs wrote:i have just recently bought a 2004 legacy turbo wagon for my day to day car

i will start off by saying that i think subarus belong in the scrapyard the moment they leave the factory... noisy lumpy unreliable sounding sacks of shit


the reason i bought one was because i wanted a turbo 4wd wagon (i live in queenstown) for getting up the skifields in, having plenty of space to pack 4 people and our boards etc.

and for being able to throw my downhill bike in the back intead of having to have a bike rack on the back

i basically wanted a beater that i didnt give a f*** about, and in the 4wd turbo wagon market there isnt alot of choice... its basically legacys, foresters, wrxs, gtt caldinas, mazda sp23s...

the legacy was my fav of the bunch and i got it for a bargain...


So it does everything you want and you think its rubbish? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:44 pm
by h8wrxs
B1NZ wrote:
So it does everything you want and you think its rubbish? :roll:



yip... its a subaru... its a sack of shit :D and its perfect for what i want

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:44 pm
by Boosted_162
Well i guess i can post in here now :lol:

Just picked up a '05 Legacy B4 sedan. EZ30 and 6 speed in black :D Absolutely loving it so far, so nice dailying in a nice car and not a dirty diesel truck :lol:

Fatal: Not able to open ./cache/data_global.php